Friday, October 17, 2008

Why do I do this to myself?!!!

Ok, so yesterday I took the kids all to the library...now that part wasn't so bad, for the most part. But...I decided I didn't want to take the car (we've been trying to use it less).

Five kids. No car. Walking. For about 45 min.

That's why this is entitled why do I do this to myself:)

Long story short, I came home 4 1/2 hours later with two crying boys and one really grumpy child who insisted on kicking everyone for the last 15m. of the walk home.

The funny thing is, I probably would choose to do it the same way again. I blame it on my dad:) He's always been an environmentalist and I think it rub off on me a bit. I love the freedom of not having to use the car. I think Brent would make the same choice too...I think we're just odd:) But admitting is half the battle, right:)

On another note, Brent was out panning for gold in our dirt heap...I guess it's just the Leavitt blood coming out in him. I'll keep you posted just in case you want to try and get in our will:)

2 comments:

Cathy Leavitt said...

Panning for gold? You've got to be kidding me! Let us know if he finds anything...we could use some inheritance about now :)

Steven and Nicole said...

Uncle Kent said next time he will send you $1.50in gas to get to the library.. ha ha. you are a true hippie... love you guys!